Learn how to choose the best freight forwarder.
Here in this blog we will try to make you understand what are the main things you should be considering while choosing your freight forward.
Your Requirements : You should know your requirement to select your freight forwarder. There are few things like your business type, type of freight you need, mode of transport ( Sea, Air, Rail, etc ), and the volume of the shipment. By keeping these above things in your mind you should be reaching out to your desired freight forwarder.
Research: when you go to the market to search for your preferable forwarder, the given points are the one you should be keeping in your mind.
Get Freight rates now
- Have they handled your type of cargo ? Various types of cargo are transported, from clothing to machinery and even hazardous waste. If you’re exporting a type of goods, you should select a freight forwarder with experience in that area. If your cargo ships, you can’t control it. It is therefore essential that your freight forwarder is aware of how to handle your products, and may also anticipate any potential problems.
- Are they capable of handling a variety of shipments? Importing from China using ocean freight, or moving from the USA or Canada using air freight, or exporting to UAE is possible. Can they handle the variety of shipments you’re sending around the world? Do they have the experience, the know-how, and the partnerships?
- Do they have a large network? If you have a strong international network, then your cargo is more likely to reach its destination. Those companies with extensive international contacts will be able to do business anywhere. Keep in mind that all you need to consider is which country you will be shipping to. The fact that a forwarder has many contacts in, for example, China doesn’t matter when you’re prepared to export freight to Australia. Although networking may seem painfully obvious, far too many inexperienced exporters fail to emphasize its importance.
- What are the limits of their services? Your shipment’s air or sea transportation is the only part of the freight forwarding company’s scope of work. If you choose this route, you may save a bit of money, but once the shipments reach the destination country, you will quickly make up for that with extra charges and headaches. Please don’t hesitate to ask if your shipment can be transported by rail or by road for the last leg of its journey.
- What are the methods they use to manage their accounts? Basically, whom you will speak to when submitting documents, coordinating the shipment and asking for help when you have a problem. Your account can be handled by a single person or a team. Whenever irregularities exist, you need someone who can manage your problems – it is crucial to have a point of service you trust.
- How do you manage freight? It can be important for importers to know where their cargo is sometimes. By using a transparent freight management system, you can be sure where your shipments are and when they will arrive. Technology can greatly enhance the value of traditional freight management methods.
Ask for quotes and questions : Now that you have compiled a checklist and narrowed down your options, it’s time to contact freight forwarders. Because this is a personal transaction, do not be surprised if they ask for additional information, like your company name or the nature of your shipments.Consult with the freight forwarder, identify your needs, and determine if he or she is a good fit for your needs. You want to have a long-term relationship, so consider their soft skills as well.
In this blog we have tried our best to layout all the aspects of choosing a freight forwarder. Hope that your doubts and queries have been cleared now.
Customs Clearance & Freight Booking Is Our Strengths
Our team continuously monitors the movement of export and imports until they arrive at Amritsar port. In addition to offering clearance of import and export consignments by sea, air, and road. Furthermore, we are committed to keeping up with the latest customs policies, regulations, and procedures. Moreover, we are pleased to announce that our company has served you for 25 years in the field of sea import export custom clearance.
- Dedicated to providing the best possible customs clearance service for imports/ exports.
- Providing high-quality legal procedural services.
- Understanding of multiple commodities
- Implementing a customer-focused management system
- Expertise in comprehensive import–export documentation.
- Utilization of IT systems that enabled us to become more compact.
- Utilizing the best CRM, EDI, and Desk IVR software to manage operations and sales.
- A strong team of legal advisors.
- In-house transportation
- A Leader in International logistics/ freight booking.
- Reliable Chinese-Indian Product Sourcing Agent
- Professional services for; WPC | FSSAI | BIS | AD Code Registration | Liaison Services | IEC No | Import Export Licenses | P&Q | A&Q | Wildlife | Etc.
- Members of WCA Worldwide Family. Id:-103447